Foreign Tax Credits for U.S. Expats

us expat foreign tax credits

U.S. expatriates and Green Card holders earning income while working in a foreign country are subject to taxes in that country plus the United States. To avoid double taxation, individuals can claim a Foreign Tax Credit (FTC). The laws governing foreign tax credits are complex and changing tax treaties can complicate matters further. Jeffery Davidson & Associates is highly skilled in international taxation and knows how to claim credits for U.S. expats.

Our international tax advisory services are aimed at helping you maximize foreign tax credits to lower your tax liabilities so you keep more of your hard earned money. As a qualified international tax CPA firm, we'll determine if you qualify for a Foreign Tax Credit to help reduce your tax burden and will prepare and file Form 1116 for each category of income to be sure you never pay more in tax than you actually owe.

Foreign tax credit planning for expats:

  • Preparation of Form 1116
  • Prevention of double taxation
  • Analyzing the pros and cons of claiming foreign tax credits
  • Identifying exclusions and maximum allowable tax credits by country

Request a consultation now or call us at 281-238-4442 today to learn more.

Reach Us

131 Brooks St

Suite 300

Sugar Land, TX 77478


Ready to get started? Let's talk.

100% privacy – we will never spam you